Thursday 7 April 2011

Spring. And Assorted Other

OK, so I have not been posting much this last wee while.

Well, I haven't been posting at all.

Sorry about that, but normal service is resumed, as of now. I hope.

Ahhhh, so much to talk about. In my life this last few weeks:


Spring: It's in the air. Pity the weather didn't get the memo. Ah well, we don't live here for the climate!

The Communions: We have a communion weekend twice a year in each congregation of our denomination. I'll do a longer post on the Scottish Communions soon, but they are awesome, and I was at two of them in the last four weeks. One of them was our own, and I went forward, or professed faith, at them. They were special.


University: Between the two Communion weekends and a few days of illness, I fell a bit behind in my Law work, so some frantic work took place over the last few weeks. I'm glad to report that I'm all caught up now. (Disclaimer: I accept all liability for the state of the desk. Just in case mum reads this!)


LAMBING: Yup, it's that time of year again. The daffodils are blooming, the sun is....... well, it's still hidden most of the time - like now. But, the lambing goes on regardless. (pics to follow)

I think myself they choose the worst, most awkward days to be born.... when my uncle is at work, it's raining, blowing a gale, and I'm the only one around.

The first lambs were born early last week, four or fives days overdue. That doesn't sound like much, but it is for sheep. They were twins, and, despite me making a general mess of our kitchen, one of them didn't make it. (NB, mum was away, which was why I could have them in the kitchen!) The other one is, I'm glad to report, doing well. So far, it's been pretty good, only one fatality (this morning, at six. What, I hear you ask, were you doing up at that time? All will be explained.)


JACKSON!!: Yup, we now have a puppy. He's a pure bred Labrador, and he's kinda cute. We got him from a place called Dunmore, in Argyll. He's very good, which is just as well, since I drew the get-up-in-the-morning-at-six straw, but it's worth it!

That's it for today. I'll keep y'all posted on the lambing and Jackson in general (pardon the pun).

2 comments:

  1. ((applause)) I am proud of you, DR, for getting up at 6:00 AM!!!

    Did you see the pictures we sent your Mom of our black lab, Kathie??? Labs are soooooo cute when they are puppies!!!

    Hug your Mom for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leslie
    Thank you for that: I'm really quite amazed that I've stuck with it this far! I'm NOT a morning person! Yes, mom showed me the photos this morning: she is very bonny! And a big girl to, as I think Jackson is going to be to. Well, he'll be a big boy, but you know what I mean!
    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete